Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Walking around Paris part one

Louis XV Rococo Detail from a 18th century building on Rue Saint Denis


Paris, France is one of the best and most beautiful city's in the world to walk around. I personally love walking and have been known to walk over 10 miles a day. The first time I visited Paris I bought a new stylish wardrobe for my Paris day view. My new leather loafers were not broken in and caused great pain and bleeding walking the streets of Paris for the first time. It got to the point where I just walked on the back of the shoe turning it into a more comfortable mule.




Since then I have been to Paris over 30 times, France is one of the only places I want to go. Here are some photo's from May of 2007. I know Paris like the back of my hand and have walked down the same streets all over Paris many times. But there is always something new to see, One more detail that I did not notice before. Paris is also one of those city's where it is hard to take a bad photo, Enjoy!



 Pythia the priestess presiding over the Oracle of Apollo at Delphi at the Opéra Garnier



Medusa carved on a door


Paris at Sunset


Door hardware


18th century door


Carved door detail


A saints bones


A lion with it's tongue out


Gilded gate at the Tuileries Garden


Napoléon III gilded chairs at L'église de la Madeleine


Jesus


Antique roses


Eucharist


Candelabra at Saint-Sulpice Church


Antinous at the Louvre


Place de la Concorde fountain


Saint-Sulpice Church window


Marble angel Holy water font


Place de la Concorde merman


Theseus fighting the Minotaur by Étienne-Jules Ramey (French, 1796–1852). Marble, 1826. In the Tuileries Gardens, Paris.




Notre Dame Cathedral rose window


Jean Baptiste Pigalle Holy Water Fount at Saint-Sulpice

No comments:

Post a Comment