Wednesday, April 26, 2017

La tarte au citron meringuée @ le château de Hopkins.

La tarte au citron meringuée @ le château de Hopkins.

My French friend David from Brittany has stayed with me for a week @ le château de Hopkins. To thank me for his wonderful stay he made for me my favorate French dessert La tarte au citron meringuée! The last time I had this amazing French dessert homemade for me was last October by my good friend The Baroness de Pontalba at her lovely home Le château de Mont-l'Évêque! I had mostly eaten this fabulous dessert from La pâtisserie all over France! But you are very lucky when you can have it homemade. I made sure I watched David make it so I can make it myself one day. Unexpectedly David cooked a whole French dinner to go with La tarte au citron meringuée! David needs to move into le château de Hopkins so he can cook his fabulous meals every night! It was absolutely delicious! I felt like I was transported to France eating it! I have so many good memories around eating tarte au citron meringuée!  


La tarte au citron meringuée

David cooking in the kitchen of le château de Hopkins.





The finished product 

On display at the table of le château de Hopkins.


Hand painted Old Paris porcelain dessert plates and Olive pattern coin silver ready for La tarte au citron meringuée. 

Circa 1800 Old Paris porcelain trumpet vase with Gerbera daisies. 

French dinner made for me by David, served on a 18th century Louis XVI Sèvres "bleu céleste" soft paste porcelain plate.




A wonderful display.  


David happy with his Dessert! 


No comments:

Post a Comment